I will start with one of my favourite quotes :
“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art”. by La Rochefoucauld
This phrase is sooooo beautiful, Isn’t it? Eating intelligently is actually an art, if we learn this art we can be the most healthy and fit people around but throughout our life we continuously heap all kinds of abuse on our body …
Wrong habits — In short, almost every kind of wrong that is possible is loaded on it. There are many new chemicals in the air and water leading to severe pollution. The preservatives and colorants used by the food industry are a hazard that we are blissfuly unaware of. The high level of pesticides in soft drinks created a stir sometime back but it was quickly forgotten. The choice is completely ours – to remain healthy or to give in to the demands of the taste buds.
In this day and age, we love junk foods and the options are endless, we ingest new chemicals, use more drugs of all kinds, eat adultrated and refined foods and abuse ourselves with various stimulants and sedatives on a daily basis. We are living in a toxic environment even harmless seeming things like household cleaners, solvents, cigarette smoke, air freshners and the very clothes we wear could contain toxic dyes. Here i am talking about the toxins that come from outside, but what about the toxins we generate inside our bodies through toxic thoughts, stress, negative emotions and anxiety. And I am sure you are all aware of the fact that a body overloaded with toxins suffer from various ailments ranging from mild to the complicated like; constipation, bloated stomach, gas, fatigue, mental weakness, headaches, poor skin, poor memory, depression, body odour, bad breath are some of the problems caused by toxicity. So, it is vital that we get rid of these toxins (process called Detoxification). This process can be done by incorporating the following things into your life:
- Healthy eating habits
- Regular exercise
- Positive Spiritual outlook (positive soul)
I take it this way …
Positive Mind + Positive Body + Positive Soul = Healthy Mind + Body & Soul 🙂
I always tell people that stick to food as close to their natural state as much as possible (by doing so half of the work will be done). Eat food that your body can digest easily; what mothernature intended (simply stick to the way mothernature made it).
- Avoid artificial anything – No to diet soda, No to artificial sweetner, if you can’t pronounce the ingredients don’t buy those foods.
- Add more alkaline foods into your diet – more dark leafy green veggies, fruits, whole grains, nuts and seeds etc.
- 1 cup of caffeine (tea/coffee) a day max. You don’t need the extra adrenaline. Most of us are stressed enough. Drink green tea instead.
- Less salt, use sea salt instead.
- More good fat for cooking – olive oil, coconut oil, peanut oil, flaxseed oil, avocado etc.
- Cut down on sugar intake – use brown sugar, cane sugar, coconut sugar or eat natural fruits instead.
- Give yourself some kinda treet, and eat your favourite food, 1-2 times a week yes i am a person who likes to follow 80/20 rule. We deserve to have cheat days, life is too short.
- Hydrate yourself, drink plenty of water
My Food Philosophy in a nut shell:
Giving you a quick summary here …
- Eat healthy & on time
- Eat every 2-3 hours
- Small frequent meals a day ( 5 to 6 meals/snacks)
- Never skip meals
- Check your portion sizes (very important – calls for a new blog)
- Be consistent in your exercise regimen even if you do it 15 to 20min, you’ll see results
- Avoid stress
- Spend some time in nature
- Good peaceful/quality sleep (talking about REM sleep)